Age for Admission
Little Fishes Nursery is open to pre-school children including 2 year olds approaching their third birthday as per the table below.
If your child is born between:
They can start from:
1 April 2017 and 31 August 2017
1 September 2017 and 31 December 2017
1 January 2018 and 31 August 2018
Children can start at the beginning of the Autumn, Spring or Summer terms subject to availability.
The nursery sessions operate from Monday to Friday 8.50am to 11.50am and from 12.00pm to 3.00pm. If your child attends both morning and afternoon sessions on the same day the two sessions will run continuously from 8.50am to 3.00pm. Children who have turned 3 will be able to join our Little Octopus Club from 8.00am in the morning until the start of the morning nursery session at 8.50am and our Little Starfish Club from the end of the afternoon session at 3.00pm in the afternoon until 5.30pm subject to availability. The charge is currently £5.00 per session for Little Octopus Club and £11.50 per session for Little Starfish Club.
Number of sessions
We require children to apply for a minimum of 5 sessions per week to ensure that sufficient time is available to assess each child’s progress and to plan effectively for their development.
Cost of sessions
For those children who do not receive funding, the cost of sessions is currently £15.50 per session
Please see our Little Fishes Nursery Admissions Policy below. Please note that admission to the Nursery does not guarantee a place in the Reception class and parents with children in the school must not assume younger siblings will automatically gain a place. The school may be oversubscribed and parents and carers are advised to look carefully at the Admissions Policy and seek advice to ensure that forms are correctly and fully completed.
Please contact the school office to enquire about places in our Nursery or to book an appointment if you would like to have a look round the nursery.
Up to 30 hours free childcare
What you need to know:
- About 40% of 2 years olds are entitled to up to 15 hours of free childcare over 38 weeks.
- All 3 and 4 year olds are entitled to up to 15 hours of free childcare over 38 weeks.
- Working parents who meet the criteria could be entitled to an additional 15 hours free childcare over 38 weeks for their 3 and 4 year olds.
What do I do next?
- Go to www.westsussex.gov.uk/freechildcare to view the eligibility criteria to find out more.
- If eligible, you will need to apply the term before you would like to use your additional hours.
Find out more by visiting www.westsussex.gov.uk/freechildcare
Your child must be registered at your chosen childcare provider by Headcount day in order to access funding:
Autumn Term: 3rd October 2019
Spring Term: 16th January 2020
Summer Term: 21st May 2020
If your child attends the nursery for unfunded hours or little Octopus and Starfish clubs you can pay online via sQuid, by childcare voucher or by using the HMRC Tax Free childcare. We are registered with a number of Childcare Voucher services:
- Edenred Account Number – P20505430
- Computershare Voucher Account Number – 0014629387
- Kiddivouchers – Post Code: BN43 6PE; Ofsted: 126049
- Sodexo Account Number: 178336
- Co-op Childcare Account Number: 85104536
- Care4 Account Number: 79894376
- RG Childcare Number: 58270793229
- Fideliti Childcare Vouchers – Use school name and Post Code: BN43 6PE
- Salary Exchange.