Characteristics of Learning
The Early Years considers how children learn to be just as important as what they learn. Here at St Nicolas and St Mary we believe it is important to celebrate all children's achievements.
We have introduced 4 playful characters that the children can relate to their learning. These characters have some learning friends that that the children will get to know during their time in Reception.
Sensible Squirrel - I can make links
- Exploring Elephant - I am an explorer
- Creative Chameleon - I have my own ideas
Choosing Charles - I choose way to do things
- I Know Rhino - I play with what I know
Tough Tortoise - I keep on trying
- Go for it Gorilla - I will have a go
- Proud Peacock - I am proud of what I do
- Concentrating Crocodile - I join in and concentrate
Team Ant - I work as a team