Welcome to KS2! You've made a big jump from Y2 to Y3.
We work really hard and it won't always be easy
...but we love a challenge.
Here are some tips on how to be a Tough Tortoise.
Making Mistakes and The Power of "Yet"...
These 5 short videos introduce the concept of Growth Mindset. Follow Mojo as he perseveres, learns from mistakes and discovers how his brain is like a muscle. There are handy parent discussion guides as well.
Tough Tortoise Soundtrack
Sealions love a good song and we've been listening out for Tough Tortoise messages. Here's our playlist so far...
Feel free to suggest any other songs with a motivational message!
10 Questions to build a Growth Mindset
To be a Tough Tortoise, you have to be happy to make mistakes. If you don't know something, you just don't know...YET! We have learned that your brain is like a muscle and needs constant stretching to help it grow. Here are 10 questions you can ask to develop a Growth Mindset and build a Tough Tortoise shell:
Some key aspects of Growth Mindset
- We remember it’s always OK to make mistakes – we learn from them.
- We never give up! We try a different approach, or use a different strategy.
- We learn from each other – you guys often make the best teachers!
- We don’t compare ourselves with others, but we do learn from others.
- We challenge ourselves – which really helps us make progress.
- We take risks – we don’t limit ourselves by taking the easy option.
- We join in as much as possible – and we learn much more by being involved.
- We remember that mastering something new feels so much better than doing something you can already do.
- We remember that the brain is making new connections all the time – the only thing you need to know is that you can learn anything!
For more information about Growth Mindset and how you can grow your brain like a muscle, watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUWn_TJTrnU and have a read of the documents below: