sQuid - an easier, more convenient way to make school payments!
sQuid is an online payment system that can be used to make all school payments such as: school trips, breakfast and after school clubs.
Where do I start?
sQuid is really simple. All you need to do to get started with sQuid is to create a sQuid account.
Create a sQuid account
The school will send you a registration email or letter with your own unique 16 digit sQuid registration number and 3 digit CVV security code:
- Go to the sQuid web page squidcard.com/welcome
- Select the ‘Click here to create a sQuid account’ link
- Enter your details, create a password, choose a security question and answer
- Click the ‘Register’ button to complete your registration
- Confirm your registration by clicking the link in your activation email
- Complete the required additional personal details
- Add your sQuid registration number, CVV security code and your child's name
Login to your sQuid account
Go to https://portal.squidcard.com/LoginPortal/ to login to your sQuid account to check your balance, top up or update your personal details and preferences.
How secure is the sQuid system?
sQuid uses sophisticated fraud prevention and detection processes, and conforms to the FCA Regulatory Requirements.
How does it work?
Once you have created and activated your account, you will be able to access and manage your sQuid account online at anytime to:
- Top up your account from your bank account by bank transfer or by credit or debit card, and even set up Auto top up so you never run out of funds on your account.
- Check your account balance
- View your transactions
- Update your details
- If you are a parent, add further users to your account
Please click on the following link to view the sQuid support page: https://www.squidcard.com/support/help
Benefits to parents
- Online payments with the ability to store payment card details for faster payments
- Easy-to-use, 24/7, online customer portal
- View transaction history online
- Account updates and payment confirmation via email
- Dedicated customer service team
- No more writing cheques or sending cash to school
Download the sQuid App now
The sQuid App is free to download on iOS and Android devices and provides a quicker, more convenient way to access, manage and top up your online sQuid account. To download the sQuid App on iOS and Android devices, please search for the ‘sQuidcard’ in the relevant stores.
Please click here for more information on the sQuid App.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can't I book a session for Octopus or Starfish Club?
If you are not able to book a session, it means that unfortunately, the session is already fully booked. If you are booking for siblings at short notice, you might like to contact the school office to check availability before making a booking in case it accepts a booking for one child but doesn't have space for all your children.
How do I know when a new half term is available to book for Octopus and Starfish Clubs?
We will put a note in the Parent bulletin when the new dates are available to book. Please book promptly to avoid disappointment.
What is the difference between offers and bookings?
'Offer' relates to school trips and other one off payments. The Octopus and Starfish Clubs are found under the 'bookings' menu.
How do I know what Octopus and Starfish club session dates I've booked?
Your bookings are all listed on your account. Log in to your account, click on 'Bookings', select 'My Bookings' and see the full list of bookings that you have made. Please note that bookings are not organised by session date so please check the full list carefully (we have asked sQuid to improve this listing to show bookings by session date).
How do I cancel Octopus and Starfish Clubs sessions and can I get a refund?
Please contact the school office with the dates you wish to cancel. Please note that we can only cancel bookings if we are given one week's notice. We do not cancel sessions that your child does not attend due to sickness. If the cancellation is accepted the cost of the booking will be refunded back to your sQuid account or carried forward if you pay by voucher.
How do I pay by Childcare Voucher or using the government's Tax Free Childcare scheme?
Please contact the school office who will subsidise the session cost down to zero cost. You should then book the sessions required on sQuid and the school office will issue an invoice to you by email.