Hot meals at our school are provided by Chartwells, contracted by West Sussex County Council. If your child is in Year 3 or above and you would like them to have a hot dinner, please go to www.mealselector.co.uk to register, book and pay for meals. All special diet enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Diets/Allergies/Faith Meals/Vegan or Pescatarian Diets
Please inform Chartwells if your child has a special diet e.g. due to allergies or intolerances, or is vegan or pescatarian, or has a faith requirement by printing and completing the form below (SpecialDietFormOnline3) and following the instructions. Pupils will not require a special diet menu for nut allergies as these children can be fed from the standard menu. If your child is vegan, pescatarian or needs to follow a beef free, pork free or beef and pork free menu the Chartwells staff will follow the relevant menu which is available to view on the Chartwells website: www.mealselector.co.uk. If your child does require a special diet meal due to allergies/intolerances they will wear a coloured wristband during the lunch break to help Chartwells staff identify them.
How to Order
All meals must be ordered a full week in advance of the week that they are required. So, for example, if a hot meal is required for any day during the week commencing 26th September 2016, the order must be placed and pre-paid either on-line by midnight Sunday 18th September, or alternatively by telephone to the Chartwells office by 3pm Friday 16th September.
How to Pay
Hot meals cost £2.30 each (price correct September 2016) which must be pre-paid. Payment can be made by credit or debit card via their special hotline on 0845 603 7998 or go on-line to wwww.mealselector.co.uk
(Minimum order by phone £11.00)
Chartwells order in a selection of items from the menu to achieve the total quantity of meals required on a daily basis, with the aim of meeting dietary needs, minimising waste and providing choice where possible. Jacket potatoes are part of this order. We respectfully ask parents and children to consider all the menu choices for each day as we are not able to guarantee a child will get their first choice from the menu. If parents have further queries concerning menu choice please contact the Chartwells office on email@example.com.
Free School Meals
Universal Infant Free School Meals
From September 2014 all infant children (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2) are entitled to free school meals. Good food and good food culture has been shown to lead not only to healthier, happier and more fulfilled children, but to improved educational attainment. Schools have also reported improved behaviour and atmosphere as a result of all pupils eating together every day.
Free School Meals and the Pupil Premium
Even if your child is in Year 3 and above they may still be eligible to receive free school meals which could save you more than £450 a year, and for every child registered, our school will also receive £1320 this year. The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’ and it is allocated to schools for all children who successfully apply for free schools meals. No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
This money is essential in supporting all that the school! Please talk to us about registering your child today.
How does it work?
1. First, check if you qualify – please check the list below.
2. Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, then do any of the following:
- Download the form below
- Ring the school office 01273 454470 for advice
- Visit the school office and ask for a form
- Ring the Local Authority on 01243 752835 / 752838 or visit www.westsussex.gov.uk (search for Free School Meals application) for more information.
3. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free
meal (saving you more than £450 a year), extra benefits and the school gets £1320 extra.
4. If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £1320 extra.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
Come and talk to us if you’re not sure or or ring the Local Authority on 01243 752835.