Early Years Foundation Stage
Welcome to our Early Years Foundation Stage.
Our Philosophy of Learning in the Early Years Foundation Stage
Every child should be provided with a safe and stimulating environment that builds on their individual needs and interests. Children deserve to have a positive start to school and develop their confidence and motivation for learning in the future. Children should have the opportunity to learn through high quality practical play both inside and outside. Learning should be fun, engaging and challenging.
Aims of our Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
Though effective teaching and learning opportunities we will ensure that all children are enabled to:
- Feel valued and heard as individuals
- Be independent, curious, creative and resilient learners, researching the world around them, following their own fascinations
- Be able to identify and communicate their own needs and feelings
- Respect themselves, each other, their communities and environment
- Feel safe and secure and have a sense of belonging and strong attachments
- Establish effective and supportive relationships
- Have high aspirations, build on their previous best and excel in whatever they choose to do
We would like to introduce you to our Early Years Team
Gray Whale Class Teachers
Mrs Wren Monday-Wednesday
Mrs Baker Thursday and Friday
Miss Matschy Monday-Friday
Blue Whale Class Teachers
Mrs Lazenby Tuesday-Friday
Mrs Baker Monday-Tuesday
Mrs Collins Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
Mrs Bailey-Morris Thursday
We also work very closely with the Little Fishes Nursery team. For more information on our Nursery, please take a look at our Nursery section on the school website.
We like to work in partnership with all families, to ensure that all children are happy and settled at school. Please feel free to talk to any member of the EYFS team at the beginning or end of the day at the gate.