- Early Years Foundation Stage»
- Reception 2022-2023»
- Home Learning for Closure 2020»
Home Learning for Closure 2020
Hello Blue and Gray Whales! (updated 5.5.2020)
We have created this page so you can continue to be outstanding learners. We know learning at home might be a bit different but we know you'll be amazing tough tortoises. To help with your children's Home Learning we have added some information to help with reading and writing below.
Please check your inbox for 2Simple emails. Mrs. Baker, Miss. Cleaver and Mrs. Lazenby are sending messages this way on a regular basis. If you are not receiving them please send a message to school using the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resolve this.
We know you will make us proud with your good choices and we can't wait to hear how much you'll learn over the next few weeks!
For those of you that missed it, all teachers are putting their planning on the system weekly. For Reception there will be a 'Home Learning Sheet 1,2,3' etc submitted every Friday ready for the following week. This consists of reading, phonics/writing and maths to be completed daily. The 'Afternoon Grid 1,2,3' etc are ideas for activities covering other areas of the EYFS curriculum and generally more play based and creative, just as the afternoons are at school.
There has been a query regarding what phonics the children have learnt previously so you know how to help your children at home. Below on this page there is a document called 'Phonics Information' for extra guidance.
Sites that you may find helpful for phonics and extra reading books.
- Ruth Miskin is the creator of the Read Write Inc scheme we use at school. If your child is reading pink and easier red books work on Set 1 lessons. If they are reading harder red, yellow or blue books work on Set 2 lessons. https://www.ruthmiskin.com/en/find-out-more/help-during-school-closure/
- There are some different books on this site. Stage 2 or 3 will be suitable for most children.https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/reading/reading-schemes-oxford-levels/read-with-oxford-guide/ and https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- More free books. https://www.vooks.com/parent-resources
- Lots of phonics games on these.https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/ and https://new.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Miss.Gallagher our Nursery Teacher has uploaded a video of the alphabet sounds and you can access it by clicking this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV3SdAuCRtU&feature=youtu.be