Hot School Meals - Chartwells
September 2022 New Starters Chartwells information pack
Chartwells Menu for April 2022 - April 2023
Chartwells Menu for April 2023 - April 2024
Good food and good food culture has been shown to lead not only to healthier, happier and more fulfilled children, but to improved educational attainment. Hot meals at our school are provided by Chartwells. Parents can order hot meals for children in Reception through to Year 6. Hot meals are ordered via Parent Pay. All pupils including those who are eligible for Free School Meal and Universal Free School Meals will need to book.
Chartwells provide a selection of meals including a vegetarian options each day. To minimise waste parents can select their child's meal via Parent Pay to ensure they are served their first choice. If parents have further queries concerning menu choice please contact the Chartwells office on email@example.com.
Allergy/intolerance, Faith Meals, Vegetarian, Vegan or Pescatarian Diets
Please download the West Sussex Special Diet information booklet below, which provides you with information and guidance on special diets and other diets, and includes an application form so that you can notify Chartwells. Children with a special diet will be given a lanyard and children with a vegetarian, vegan or cultural diet will be given a wristband to wear during lunch service. This is to help Chartwells staff to provide the correct meal.
How to Order and Pay for meals
All parents can register their children and book hot meals via the Parent Pay website www.parentpay.com. You will find full instructions on how to register and order meals on the website or below (ordering meal information). Meal orders can be made online at any time up 10 days in advance. Hot meals cost £2.71 each which is paid when the booking is made. Please see cut off dates at the bottom of the page.
Those in Reception who are new starters will receive a letter via email with their childs log in details for Parent Pay. Parents will need to log on a register to ensure their child is served a hot meal each day. Parent who will be providing a packed lunch will still need to register and state that they are providing a packed lunch each day.
Parent Pay is an easy way to ensure your child is served their first choice of food every day and limits food wastage within the school. Parents can log on and select their child meals for the entire term.
- All pupil who have hot school dinners will need to registers and select their meals including those who have Free School Meals and Universal Free School Meals.
- During school trips parents can also request a Chartwells packed lunch via Parent Pay.
- Census Day and Christmas Dinner meals will also be booked via Parent Pay.
- You can book in advance for the whole term.
- Free School Meals and Universals Free School Meals pupil need to book their meals via Parent Pay but will not be charged.
Free School Meals
Universal Infant Free School Meals
Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to free school meals.
Free School Meals and the Pupil Premium
If your child is in Year 3 and above they may still be eligible to receive free school meals which could save you more than £450 a year, as well as providing £1320 additional funding to the school via Pupil Premium funding. The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming. Children entitled to free school meals will still need to book via Parent Pay however payment is not required.
This money is essential in supporting all that the school wishes to provide for pupils! Please talk to us about registering your child today.
How does it work?
1. First, check if you qualify – please check the list below.
2. Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, then do any of the following:
- Apply online https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/education-children-and-families/schools-and-colleges/free-school-meals/
- Or download the form from the West Sussex website above or link on the right-hand side above
- Ring the school office 01273 454470 for advice
- Visit the school office and ask for a form
- Ring the Local Authority on 01243 752835 / 752838 or visit the website above for further information
3. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free
meal (saving you more than £450 a year), extra benefits and the school gets £1320 extra.
4. If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £1320 extra.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
Come and talk to us if you’re not sure or ring the Local Authority on 01243 752835.